During the 2017 ASC the Iowa Nutrient Research and Education Council (INREC) will be presenting two learning opportunities on Wednesday, February 15, 2017.
Environmental Technology Forum
The Environmental Technology Forum will highlight environmental efforts of exhibitors, providing a unique chance to advance understanding of the role that new technologies and science are playing to enhance environmental stewardship within agriculture.
The Conservation College presented by INREC at the 2017 Agribusiness Showcase & Conference will provide an in-depth overview of some edge-of-field conservation practices included in the Iowa Nutrient Reduction Strategy which will cover facets of the practices such as:
- Identifying landscape settings where practices are applicable
- Discuss how to recognize where practices can be utilized
- Practice cost and water quality performance information
- Information on how practices are implemented and how they are managed and maintained
- Technical and financial resources available for farmers interested in practices
- Opportunities for ag retailers and CCAs
The goal of the Conservation College is to better equip ag retailers and CCAs with information about practices included in Iowa’s Nutrient Reduction Strategy and increase their familiarity and knowledge level about these practices so that they can be an information resource for their farmer customers.